Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Said YES!

The secrets out! I, McKenzie Elizabeth am getting married to the man of my dreams on September 27th of this year! Here's the story....

On the morning of February 14th I woke up to a beautiful sunrise and the sounds of children stirring downstairs as they prepared for the day. I glanced at my calendar as I sat up in my bed to try and plan out my day. I saw that I had an appointment in town right after lunch and decided I would visit some friends at the assisted living home afterwards. As I slipped out from under my warm sheets I glanced up at my memo board above my bed and smiled back at a picture of the handsome guy pinned there. As I stood there gazing at the photo I came to the realization that I was going to be Valentineless yet again. My man was over three hours away at college and that was that.
I tried to not think about how much I missed him and went on about my day.

As I got ready to walk out the door my mom asked me to try and hurry home after my appointment because she and dad were going on a date that evening.

When I got home my siblings were all sitting around the table opening their Valentine gifts from mom and dad. Mom handed me my bag filled with chocolate goodness, Bath and Body Works shower gel, and my favorite lipstick. Talk about a mood booster;)
I slipped upstairs to change clothes so I could bake cookies with the little guys. When I opened my door I immediately noticed that the bed that I had left unmade (confession) was neatly made with a gift wrapped in burlap and pink ribbon sitting on top of it.
I walked across the room and as soon as I pulled the bright red envelope out from under the pink ribbon my mom ran in with a camera and started snapping pictures. I started laughing and asking my sisters if they knew who it was from. Madeline and Mariah ignored my question and just laughed at me and my look of bewilderment. :) Mom then shooed them out and told me to open the card.

I freaked out when I saw that it was from Daniel. He was coming home after all and I couldn't have been happier. In the card he wrote that the burlap package contained something that might help me get ready for our date. I opened it and found a new outfit from American Eagle! #happiness ☺
My mom told me that since it was Valentine's Day, daddy had given Daniel permission to take me out for the evening withOUT a chaperone. Yep, I was pretty stoked. ☺☺
 
5:45 finally came and D arrived in an awesome Jeep covered in mud! This country girl couldn't have been happier! In fact I was so excited that I didn't even notice that my normally calm and laid back man was a ball of nerves. ☺
 He's cute.
 Ain't that thang sweet!?!

When we got inside the Jeep he handed me a picnic basket and headed down a country road.  I didn't know where we were headed so I just settled back into my seat and began chatting about my day. We drove a couple of miles and he turned off onto a dirt path that ran down the edge of a cow pasture. It was very muddy in some places and Daniel spun tires like a real redneck. After he finished playing in the mud he drove across a large rye field. It was so gorgeous! As we rolled across the field to our picnic spot I watched the calves frolic on the sea of green.

 
When we stopped Daniel jumped out and came around to help me get out of what was now a VERY muddy Jeep. He took the picnic basket from me and set it down on a table he had constructed out of hay bales.He then proceeded to make a "staircase" out of hay so that we could get on top of a round bale. I hadn't really noticed anything peculiar about his behavior up to that point. As I stood next to him soaking up the glorious sunset in front of us I realized that he seemed very anxious about something. He kept saying things under his breath and his breathing was a little labored. The next thing I knew two musicians pop out from behind another round bale and they began playing one of my favorite songs while Daniel's sister Lisa popped out with a camera! I then turn back around to see Daniel getting down on one knee!!!!! To say that I was surprised would be a major understatement!☺




Stay tuned for more pictures!!! ☺

19 comments:

agirlwiththought said...

Yay so, happy for you

Marianela said...

Congratulations, McKenzie! So happy for you. :)

Blythe said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Congratulations!! That's is the sweetest story ever! I love it when guys give a girl an outfit they picked out and say were going on a date!!!!:) especially when the clothes fit.;) and I looooooove the jeep. Congrats again can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Megan said...

I must admit I cryed a little reading this :) So excited for you and such a sweet story :)

Chelsy Renee said...

awwww!!!!! what a COOL proposal story!!! And its so YOU! =)
Can't wait to hear the rest and see more pictures!!!
Congrats!
Curious-did you get my email? I'm not positive I had the right email address...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the hay bales SO COOL!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

McKenzie Congratulations!! You to are supper cute. I had a feeling it was going to happen soon. ;)Hey do you have a Twitter? If so what is you username? ~Hannah Beth

Sisters of Grace said...

Eeek, so excited for you! Looking forward to more pictures! :)

Emily

Grace Upon Grace said...

Congratulations! :D

Whiddon Family said...

Awww SO excited for you, McKenzie! That's so awesome how he proposed. So creative and thoughtful. What a GREAT place! That's so encouragig to see how the Lord has worked everything out for you, and made all things beautiful in His time. Praise the Lord!! Thank you for sharing this.

Hoping to see you soon. :)
Love,
Laney

Kristen said...

Ahhh! This is so cute! Can't wait to hear the rest and see more pics! :)

Anonymous said...

Eeeekk!!! I am SO excited for you!!! Thank you for posting this - I am thrilled to see these pictures and looking forward to more! ;) Thank you for being a godly woman to so many of us girls out here who need an example of purity to follow. The Lord's timing is always best, and you have waited patiently and now he has rewarded you richly!! :) I love you Kenzie!! May God bless you both!!
Blessings,
Olivia~
Psalms 37:4-7

Carla said...

Congratulations. So happy for you :) The Lord was writing a beautiful story for you. It has been such a joy to see you grow in The Lord via the blog.
Many Blessing,
Carla T.

Leanna said...

Aww, so excited for you! How sweet! It's been fun following your journey on this blog. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your special evening. :)

Breathe Deep said...

yeeeehawww!!!! So excited for you McKenzie!!!
Have fun planning the wedding!!! :)
Jen

Whiddon Family said...

Aww, yay. I'm so happy for you both! Congratulations! I know that you're very busy as you prepare for the wedding. :)

God is amazing in the way that He works all things out! I'll be praying for you as you begin this new season of your lives.


Mallory~
(P.S. God has given me a relationship with the most incredible man, and I am amazed at His goodness to me! :)

Farm Girl Hannah said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS!

Your proposal story brought tears to my eyes! Literally!!!!!

Someday I hope God grants me a guy that asks just like that.

Hannah

Elizabeth. said...

I was wondering if this news would be coming soon. =) So thrilled for you, McKenzie! Blessings as you prepare for this new season of your life! =)

Luba said...

Soo happy for you :)