We have been busy picking blueberries. We have seven gallons so far and hope to pick that many more. We eat lots fresh, freeze most for pancakes, muffins, and smoothies, but the most delicous............ is this pie recipe! :>)
Cream Cheese Blueberry Pie:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
1 pastry shell (9inch), baked
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into pastry shell.
In large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth; stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stri for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings

4 comments:
Hi Mckenzie!
The Pie sounds delicious! blueberries are so yummy...thanks for posting the recipe!
We haven't planned a get-together yet, but we will soon!
Julia
Hey Kenzie,
I am sooo sorry that I had to get off the phone so quickly and that I never called you back. We were out longer than I expected. I'll try to call soon.
We love blueberries too. Do you have your own plants? Do you know what kind they are? Would love to know more..
Mrs. Stephanie
Hi Mckenzie!
You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the details.
Julia
Post a Comment