Good evening dear readers!
I write to you tonight very tired and exceedingly happy!:)
We have had a packed but blessed weekend.... We all are greatly pleased with the progress made as we prepare for the arrival of the little one.
This weekend my dad and my brother Matt went on a boy scout camping trip, and the rest of us at home had a weekend with momma! We busied ourselves with many different tasks and had a big time doing it!
I did lots of kitchen work this week but I have to say my favorite baking is always done with one of the littles. One day this week, Malachi was my little helper while Momma taught Mariah school. He thought he was so big! Here are some pictures of Malachi and me baking our apple cake!
When I saw him crawl up on the table I grabbed my camera! This was my favorite picture!
This was Malachi's way of making sure we did not waste a thing!
All done!
Apple Cake
2 c. all-purpose flour (I used fresh ground whole wheat)
4 tsp. baking powder
4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
4 egs
2 cups sugar (I used natural cane sugar)
1 cup oil (I used olive oil, but I am sure butter would work too)
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 medium cooking apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
5 medium cooking apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9X13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Inlarge bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
2. In another bowl stir together eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Fold in apples. Pour batter into pan;
3. Bake 45-55 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
*It says to serve with whipped topping. We didn't have any. We ate it fresh out of the oven and it was very good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday afternoon and today Momma, Maddy, and myself canned pears! They are so good served on pancakes and waffles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday afternoon and today Momma, Maddy, and myself canned pears! They are so good served on pancakes and waffles.
Momma's very pregnant belly! :>)
Who needs toys......? Momma gave the two little ones some empty jars and old lids and rings to play with. They worked so hard "canning". Mariah told us she was "canning water for next year". She couldn't understand why momma dumped it out this evening!
Until next time..............
~Much Love & Many Blessings~
M.E.

6 comments:
I just ate breakfast and then when I saw that apple cake you made my stomach growl, lol. Yum! That cake looks mouth watering!
The cake kooks so good. You need to enter the picture of Malachi in the fair. Missed you yesterday. Love - ran
That apple cake looks soooooooooo goood! Maybe I can get Mama to make some...and that picture of Malachi really was a good one. It's my favorite too.
Oh dear!!! I have been trying to remember what the name of your blog was and have been really sad that I couldn't find it. I loved it so much. I was looking through my comments and found one from you, yeah!!!! So anyways, i am now a follower and will never lose it. lol.
God Bless,
Ashley
You have been awarded! You can find the rules on my blog. ^_^
Yum! Aww he is so cute! By the way the pears are so yummy! I really enjoyed our visit! Tell Malachi I said happy (Very late) Birthday!
And tell Maddy and Mariah I said hi. I will talk to you soon.
Love,
~Carri Faith
a.k.a. Marry :P
Post a Comment