Wow, I have not been a very good blogger lately! Life has been so busy that blogging had to be put on the back burner. This post will
sorta catch you up on what has been happening around here! We are all finishing up home school for the year, and Matthew and Maddy are doing testing. I am so looking forward to summer break!:)
Because my days are very busy, I am tyring to heed the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin (read comments below), "Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise":) I try to go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 pm and get up at 5:30 am. My goal is to get as much school as I can done before I go milk and feed the animals at 7:30. These pictures were taken a few days ago.
A shot of our house...

"Lord Fluffy" AKA "Coconut" stretching after a morning nap...

A busy younger sister...


This photograph does not come close to showing how truly massive our fig trees are!:)

Scuppernong vines...

Our pear tree...

Blueberries!

Watering...

The beautiful sunshine!

A little man...

The garden boxes. The garden is my domain, and I am loving it!

My herb plants~

I refer to my tomatoes as "the girls"... Don't ask me why:)

Sweetness~

Only here in Pecan Patures does a horse come up to your kitchen windows and ask for treats!

My dairy goat Rosey... I have had so much fun having a milk goat!

Daisy and our new baby buck( that is nameless! Have a name idea for this little guy?)

This past Sunday was an especially busy one for us! After the service, fellowship meal and a baby blessing we loaded up and went to pick up a baby buck. We are going to sell Daisy and our current buck at an auction sometime soon. We are all a little sad to see Daisy go, but she has double teats and I would rather find another good milker. Here are some pictures from our morning. We travel over an hour to our church, so Sundays are very busy for us!
Getting ready to load up in the van...
Matt~
Silly M.E.~

My lovable and so very comical father~

My beautiful Mama~ (wanting me to stop taking her picture:)

I hope to do my next "sibling" post soon. Until then...
~M.E.~
7 comments:
I love the "peek into your life"! Btw, I thought it was Benjamin Franklin that said what George Washington said?....am I wrong?
Nice Post!
Giann,
You made me want to go find out for sure and this is what I found! :>)
This proverb has been attributed To Benjamin Franklin, but versions of it have been around for much longer. The exact version of this proverb was first published in 1639 in the book Parœmiologia Anglo-Latina or 'Proverbs English, and Latin'.
So... I guess I will change my post and give ole Ben credit, even though he got it from someone else! lol :>)
Sounds like y'all have been pretty busy! :) Those are some beautiful pictures! :) Oh, I love your new blog look! It's so pretty! :)
Love and hugs,
Haley
How about the name "cream puff" for your goat? Or, "butter scotch"? I like those names!
Or "browny"?
Tell me if you pick out one of those PLEASE!
BTW, if you don't know who I am, I'm the sister of Amanda Morris, the one that came to your house to watch the kids when your mom had her last baby!
<3nslea
lovely pictures, Kenzie~ I like your new header, it is very cheerful!!
Love you~
Love,
Lydia Caroline
i love the shot of your house!
Your garden is so pretty! Our's looks pretty pitiful!:P I like the picture of Madeline hanging laundry too.
Love,
Jane
Post a Comment