Thursday, June 10, 2010

An Award and Many "Thank yous"!

Greetings dear bloggy friends! :>)

Each summer I think I am going to become the magnificent blogger and update everyday, but unfortunately I never seem to get anything posted:) You wonderful bloggers out there that post so often amaze me! Please share your secret...Smile*


I first want to thank all of you for your lovely notes on my birthday! I had so much fun reading all the sweet comments from you all... I will be sharing lots of birthday pictures later.


Secondly, I wanted to thank Hannah and Lauren for the Pure in Heart award! Thank you very much ladies!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The produce is really starting to come in now and Momma and I have had to be busy using up the vegetables! I had so much zucchini that I had to put some in the freezer. I grated it all up and put it in plastic bags so we could pull out a bag at a time and make zucchini bread!


~Freshly picked produce~


It does not get better than this!

I know at seventeen I should not still be playing with my food, but I just couldn't help myself!

So, what do you think of my vegetable artwork?:)

Since we have had so much raw milk around here, I decided I would make some homemade butter with my siblings. I had read in a book that you can put a marble in the jar with the cream and then shake it. Well, my GREAT idea broke the jar and gave my dear sister Mariah a milk bath:) Lesson learned...do NOT put a glass marble in a glass jar when making butter.

After cleaning up the milk mess I tried again and succeeded (mind you I left the marble out:)!

Fresh zucchini muffins with homemade butter! Yummy...


I know in "blog world" it can be so very easy to paint a pretty picture of ourselves and of our lives, so....... I am going to be very REAL today!!!
Yes, this is me. Soaked, muddy, just got through milking in a summer storm... ME!
Go ahead and laugh... You know you want to:) This is reality folks on a rainy day in Pecan Pastures!



Much Love and Many Blessing


~M.E.~
Prayer Request:
I know I have posted in the past about my grandmother and her health problems. I would appreciate your prayers for her right now. She is in the hospital again. Her kidneys are not doing well and she is on dialysis. I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

McKenzie, you aught to be ashamed of yourself... playing with your food!! ☺ lol. I enjoyed getting to see ya'll~

Love you,
Lydia

Abigail and Lydia said...

I love the pictures of you! I think you look cute!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Wow! what great looking veggies! And I've always wanted to make butter--was it hard?
Btw, how tall are you?? You look so tall in those overalls! :)

Leanna

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!!! I have recently gotten my own email and I would love to keep in touch! Would you give me yours? Mine is fiddlintonashville@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

You won a award!

http://virtuousgirlhood.com/?p=283

Blessings,
Miss RJ
http://wwww.virtuousgirlhood.com
Oldest Sister to 6 soon to be 7!