But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: that the older men be sober, reverent temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things. Titus 2:1-3

Recently I was blessed with a letter from a dear Titus 2 woman in my church. She had been writing the letter for months and after receiving permission from my father she gave it to me. It was filled with wisdom and rich insights to help me as I enter this new phase of life. She as a mother to two grown daughters, warned me of temptations and struggles that I will face as a daughter choosing to live my single adult years at home with my family. She told me that, "As the years move before you, there will be times you may doubt God's ability to hear you, to notice you or to even care about what is going on around you. You will even doubt His plan because of the seasons of stillness, much like the water of a lake when there is no breeze." She warned me about becoming discontent and the temptation to lean on my own (interpretations) understandings. I closed the letter after reading it and felt encouraged but also challenged. I know that because of my choice to live my life counter-culturally I will face opposition (I already do), criticism, temptation, and doubt.
But! I know that IF I trust in my Heavenly Father's plan, and stay committed to Him and my earthly father, I will find true life purpose. My encouragement to you my dear sisters in Christ who are seeking another way and desire to stand against the tide of modern culture, is to find godly Titus 2 women who will encourage you, exhort you, and when necessary admonish you.
Blessings in Christ,
M.E.
4 comments:
Hi Mckenzie! :)
Thank you for sharing this with us. It's so wonderful to have those Titus 2 women to learn from and look up to. :) I hope you're doing well! We need to set a time to get together again even if it's months away! :D This time, at our place. :)
Love & Hugs,
Julia
wow! I just recently graduated high school. And I'm already facing these struggles. Mostly doubt.
Thanks for sharing the encouragement!!
-Alli
Thanks for the reminder! As long as we keep our eyes on Jesus, everything else will fall into place! :)
I'm a married (8 years) mother of two little ones. This post moved me to tears. I needed to read it today..Thank you!
Carla <><
Post a Comment