Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Soap Making

Soap making has been my latest venture. 
 
 My sister Madeline was my assistant. :)

Lye scares me! :)

 
 

I personally think that a Stick Blender is a must when making soap! It speeds the process up so much!!!


The finished product! I was so excited to sell a basket of soap to a salon near us. I used scrap booking paper and recycled paper bags for wrapping the bars of soap.
I have made plain unscented soap and goat's milk soap.  I have soap customers with sensitive skin that prefer unscented.  I plan to remill some of my goat's milk soap and add essential oils to it.  Any suggestions on what to use?  What about websites to order from that have reasonable prices?
 
Happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Mia said...

How fun!!
I so enjoy soap-making and can't wait to start up again :)
Thanks for the inspiration, my dear friend!

-Mia

Leanna said...

I don't know about websites for you to order from, but you should set up an Etsy shop for your soap (if you haven't already)!

Jill said...

This is something I've been looking into, but haven't had the nerve to try just yet! I really like the site www.brambleberry.com for supplies, ideas, and instructions. Lots of inspiration there!

Your packaged soap looks so pretty -

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Mia!!! It is wonderful to hear from you! Hope you and your sweet family are doing well.

Aw, thanks, Leanna! You are too sweet :)

Thanks for the info Mrs. Jill! I'll check that site out soon!

Sisters of Grace said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one scared by lye:) I've made soap a couple of times and I'm pretty sure that I am overly cautious with the it:)

Love how you packaged it!
Emily

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

That made me laugh Emily! I know a lady that wore glasses and a mask when she first started making soap! :)
Thanks! I have found that recycled paper bags make really cool packaging!

Sisters of Grace said...

Yep, I totally wore glasses the first time:)

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Well, I guess it is better to be safe than sorry! haha

An At Home Daughter said...

Hi McKenzie,
I just found your lovely blog through Aspiring Homemaker. I just became a follower and look forward to your future posts : )

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Good morning!
Thanks for following me!
Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Anonymous said...

Heritage Essential Oils from Texas has reasonably priced essential oils that we love!
What a fun adventure!
blessings,
Allison