Sunday, April 13, 2008

Father Daughter Retreat

Me and Madeline with Pine Mountain behind us.
Us with the Botkin sisters (author's of "SO Much More").
Daddy with Doug Phillips.

Hello Everyone,


I have just gotten back from the Vision Forum Father/Daughter conference. It was so encouraging and inspiring.


It was a beautiful time for me and my sister Madeline to grow in our relationship together and with our father. We immensely enjoyed the speakers as well as the fun activities.


As a young girl growing up in this evil and perverse generation I rejoice in the fact that I have a father and mother that love me enough to strive by God's grace to protect me from the harmful things in this world. I was greatly encouraged to meet dozens of girls that were traveling down a similar path. At times you feel despair as though you walk alone. BUT we are not alone in this journey for not only are there others traveling down the narrow path, but God has us in His arms all the way.


Even though I am home educated and in a church that teaches Biblical principles, it can still be difficult in the society that we live in. A young girl is attacked at every turn, from television, peers, magazines and even something as simple as walking into a department store. In our society we have lost all respect and dignity. People walk the mall with nudity plastered around them and as a society we have tolerated it. Being with like-minded people this weekend gave me hope that if we as Christians are willing to go against the culture, we can make a difference.


I left the conference having learned many things. I learned the importance of honoring my father as my leader and protector, encouraging my brothers to grow up to be strong men, and to not live a life of selfishness. As God says in His word, we live in this world, BUT we are not to conform to it.

Here is a slide show of some of the highlights. Hope you enjoy it!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi McKenzie,
That was beautiful! It looks like y'all had a great time this weekend! I'm so glad you were able to go. You and Madeline are both beautiful on the outside and the inside! I know that God will richly bless you for serving Him as a Godly daughter.
I'm glad your mom shared your blog site--I'll add it to my favorites list!
Mrs. Susan

Gran said...

Hi Kenzie!
I like your Video!
~lydia

Gran said...

Now let's see if this works. I love your video and all the other pictures. I am so proud of you and Madeline and also your Dad and Mom. You are a sweet girl. I am so thankful that your parents see to it that you have the opportunity to go away for a weekend like that. Love you - Gran

Cousins said...

Hey! I am not posted as gran anymore!
~lydia

Unknown said...

Oh McKenzie, this is a great post! You have already discovered many of God's principles that a lot of adults will never grasp.

You are truly a blessing! Your whole family is! I am enjoying our quilting times together. Will have to get your grandmother down here to help us!

I love you!
Aunt Donna

P.S. I would LOVE to have copies of a few of your pictures....

Hannah Leigh said...

Hi McKenzie,
I met you at the Retreat, my name is Hannah.
I love your blog! It's so cute!
Talk to you soon!!

-Hannah

catelyn c said...

i just realized what the song on the main site was!! that is probably the sweetest song i have ever heard written about a father's love for his daughter! i thought this was a very appropriate place to comment on it!!