I got this recipe out of a Paula Deen magazine. Isn't she the prettiest lady? I hear her mouth is not so pretty on her shows. That was disappointing because she looks like such a southern belle. Anyway, the recipe was delicious and I thought I would share it.
Pumpkin Crisp
2 -(15 oz) cans of pumpkin (I think fresh would be fine too)
1 cup of sugar (I used sucanat)
1 cup of sugar (I used sucanat)
3/4 cup evaporated milk (I didn't have any, so I used fresh, raw whole milk)
3 large eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
Walnut crisp topping (recipe follows)
Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, ground cinnamon (didn't do the garnish, but I bet it would be yummy!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar milk, eggs, spices and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with the Walnut Crisp Topping. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until center is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
Walnut Crisp Topping
Makes about 2 cups
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 TBS all-purpose flour (I used fresh ground whole wheat)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
6 TBS butter, melted
In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, walnuts, flour, and cinnamon. Add melted butter, stir until combined.
We have been canning pears for the last week. Our kitchen has been a perpetual, sticky mess! But it smells so good!!
Here is our first batch.
The next two pictures are of me and Madeline making homemade tortillas. We have fun working in the kitchen together.
Well, I think I have blogged enough for tonight. Be wathching for the book review soon!
Good night!!
M.E. (See post below. I did it earlier tonight.)

3 comments:
Hi McKenzie,
Your pumpkin crisp looks delicious!! I have a question--in the picture it looks like you used a 9 x 13 pan but the instructions call for an 8 in square dish. Did you double the recipe?
By the way, you look right at home in your apron!!
Mrs. Susan
Hi Mrs. Susan,
No, I did not double the recipe, I used an 8 1/2 by 11 baking dish. If you double it let me know how it turns out. I liked it because it wasn't so thick.
Yes, I am quite at home in my apron! (BTW, for those of you wondering..... Mrs. Susan made the apron for me! :>)
McKenzie
Hi McKenzie,
The pumpkin crisp is great! I made it tonight for my family since most of us like pumpkin anything and we loved it. Thank you for sharing it.
Rebecca Marie
Post a Comment