Many beautiful character qualities are vanishing from our society. One of these traits is sincerity. Many people today have long forgotten the true meaning of the word, but more importantly they have forgotten how to exhibit this beautiful quality.
If I were to define sincerity I would define it as..............
"Genuine and true, honest with yourself and others, hearty and real"
After reading my description of sincerity, do you know someone in your family or circle of friends that portrays this character quality? How do you feel being around this person? I am sure it is someone you are drawn to.
When you are in a large crowd of people you can immediately tell who is a sincere person and who is not simply by the way they greet you. An insincere person may barely look you in the eyes or speak only a few words if any at all. There could be the other extreme where there is not a genuineness in the way they talk to you. Your spirit can pick up on these things when talking to someone.
A sincere person on the other hand will greet you whole heartily with a hearty handshake or hug. The sincere person does not try to put on a facade, but is completely open and honest with his or her friends. "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, But those who deal truthfully are His delight." Proverbs 12:22 This person speaks very kindly to her friend's face, but also when her friends back is turned. "The hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbor, But through knowledge the righteous will be delivered." Proverbs 11:9
If a person desires to show the love of Christ, the best way for him or her to begin is to develop the character quality of sincerity. I pray that I will always strive to be a sincere person.
~M.E.~

3 comments:
Nice post!
Thank you for writing about sincerity, it truly is a lost virtue in today's society. You have encouraged me to pray for sincerity. Thank you for all of your encouraging posts, they are such blessings!
See you next weekend! :D
Joyfully,
Miss Emily Rose
P.S. I like the quote on your sidebar by Samuel Adams, well said.
Very good post. I have to confess that it sorta convicted me. I tend to not always be sincere. I wouldn't have necessarily thought about it if you hadn't posted this. Thank you! Again, great post!
Esther
Post a Comment