I thought before I get into "holiday" mode I would do a post with these pictures. One day I just had fun taking pictures of my room.
My cherished Jane Austen book that my dear cousin Abigail gave me last Christmas.
I love my shelf! It is where I put things I do not want
the littles to touch:)
A little while back my Momma and I went to an estate sale in our area!
I found lots of little treasures and had a wonderful time. Here are some of the finds..
My lovely new basket!
My lovely new basket!
I just had to have it for my hope chest!
My funniest find was this french bread pan. I was in the garage looking at some antiques and momma called me over to where she was looking at some kitchen gadgets. It is the same one that we already have but it was $1! Can't beat that! Another thing for the hope chest! :>) What was really funny is the workers sheepishly walked over to where we were standing and asked if we knew what it was. They thought it was some sort of light fixture. You should have seen their faces when we told them it was a french bread pan!

And this is just a beautiful picture of one of our pecan trees this fall. I thought the lighting was lovely!
And this is just a beautiful picture of one of our pecan trees this fall. I thought the lighting was lovely!

13 comments:
I love your room! I have the same jewelry box...and I wish I had the same Austen book! =)I love antiques!
That is too funny that we have the same jewelry box!:) Thank you for commenting!!
Blessings~
McKenzie Elizabeth~
Love it! I almost had a purple room!
My neighbor gave me a Kicthen Aid Mixer for my hope chest!
Many Blessings!
I love how you are finding things for your hope chest...it reminds me that I can be looking too:)
Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures!
Oh you have a lovely room! I have a very tiny room that me and my sister share. It is rather scrunchy, but it suits it purpose! i have a button collection too! It is more like a button jar and we use the buttons if we need them. But I like to keep it on my shelf in my room because it is so pretty!
Great pictures! I like the one of your pecan tree. I have never seen a pecan tree before! Do you have alot of pecan trees? What do you do with all your pecans?
~Hannah~
What a beautiful room! It looks familiar. = } Looks like ya'll found some good items!! I had fun at Thanksgiving, looking forward to seeing pictures... I need to post mine.
~L~
p.s those cups are just the cutest- I love them, I love them, adore them!
Hello Ladies!
Thank you for your wonderful comments! You all are so sweet:)
To answer your question Hannah... We have about 22 pecan trees. We take our pecans to be cracked and then we all sit around the table for hours and shell them:) It is a long task but so worth it. I love having organic nuts to bake with!
Love you all....
McKenzie~
You really have a knack for taking pictures. You have many talents continue to use them for God.
Love,
Dad
Beutiful things McKenzie!!! i love your room!
if you have a chance to vist my blog i would really like that! :-)
~Jenn
Thank you for your comment Jenn!
Hey Daddy:) Thank you for your comment.
Love you...
Oh, by the way - I LOVE your blog header!!!
Hi There! I just found your blog and really like it! I also live on a farm with all my siblings...it's a great life!
I will definitely be stopping by your blog again soon!
~Courtney
Your room is so pretty, McKenzie! In fact, you inspired me to take some random pictures of some stuff in my room. :) I love your button collection; I have on too!
Post a Comment