One of the stories I thought especially sweet was when they were all small, they had a little carriage that all the kids would push up to the top of a large hill and jump in, and would plunge downward! I also learned that my grandpa and his siblings got only one pair of shoes a year to wear to school in the fall.(All Summer they went barefoot! :)
As a daughter I believe it is my duty to discover and preserve family history. I encourage all of you girls out there to find as much about your family history as possible. Each generation can never hope to better themselves if they do not study the past successes and failures of people who went before them.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.
~M.E.~
Madeline and Carrington
Aunt Monica and my grandfather reading family history.
Aunt Monica, Great-Aunt Emily, and my momma.
My great-aunt Emily and my grandfather (She is 90 and he will be 83 this month. Don't they look great?)
Old family pictures.
Now I thought I would share an old family recipe. This is a pie recipe of my great-grandma Annie Lynn.
Chocolate Pie
1 cup sugar
5T. flour
4 heaping T cocoa
1 cup milk
3T melted butter
1 tsp.
vanilla
3 egg yolks
Mix and put in pastry shell
Cook at 350
Beat egg whites add a little sugar and beat until stiff. Place on top of pie and place in oven until the tips are brown.
I will be posting lots of recipes this month for Christmas! Enjoy!
~M.E.~

4 comments:
I love your blog. You do such a good job and show so maturity. You are a special young lady and especially to me. Love you - Gra
What a great post Kenzie! I loved the pictures. :) I need to post some old family pictures from my family sometime.
Also, I see that you have stolen my background... :P Just kidding. I don't mind!
Great post!
~Madison
That was so neat Mckenzie! I wish that we could have been there but we had the pointe shoes fitting to go to. I love the pictures to! Our past family members were pretty. I also love your new blog look! Will you please e-mail me and tell me how to put one of those backgrounds up? I've tried and tried to figure it out but I just can't seem to be able to find out how. I really like it!
Love,
Marianne Dashwood
Wow... that one old family picture.. the lady in it looks so much like you, Mckenzie! :) My goodness! :)
I did a new background too... but it's not necessarily winter-y. :D I love flowers too much to depart from them altogether. :)
I'm glad you had a good time with your family. :)
Blessings!
Julia
Post a Comment