I came across this blog and thought it was worth sharing. She is doing a series on modest dress. The most recent post has ideas on how to go through your own wardrobe and evaluate what needs to go. I love to read things like this. I don't think there is anything wrong with dressing attractively, but so many people compromise modesty just to look fashionable. My mom went shopping last night and bought some really cute tank tops from the Gap to use for layering. They come up extra high, but unfortunately they only had them in the girls sizes for my little sisters. I have seen many people use tank tops under low tops, but you can still see cleavage. If you can see it when you bend in front of a mirror, I guarantee throughout the course of your day others can see it too. Has anyone found a good layering tank? I would love for you to leave comments with tips for dressing modest yet fashionable. Do you have a favorite store? The best place for reasonably priced skirts? A good website to find modest, affordable clothes? Leave comments! I plan to write more on this topic as spring approaches.
Anyway, here is the blog address:
http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/
~M.E.~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this blog! It's great! I get most of my tank tops at Old Navy or Target... I only get them if they have adjustable straps though! Also New York and Company has some really nice ones, but they are a bit pricey! We have also bought some thin t-shirts that are either sleevless or that have very short cap sleeves to wear underthings... Some t-shirts today have lower neck lines and under things you can't tell they are actually shirts.
Hope this helps!
Lisa
Thanks Lisa! That is a great idea to get tanks with adjustable straps. Another idea I got from a lady at church is to pin your tank top to the inside of your shirt. This helps hold it in place and would be especially helpful for ladies with larger busts!
McKenzie
McKenzie, I've been enjoying the modesty series! I purchased my current favorite tank tops at an Eddie Bauer outlet... they're fairly long, and have very high necklines. They're very similar to Shade's tank, which I have as well and love. (http://www.shadeclothing.com/Product/Womens/Modest/Tanks/Tank_Top)
For relatively inexpensive but high quality skirts I usually keep an eye on J.Jill's (www.jjill.com) clearance section. When they put skirts on clearance you can get them for 14.99-29.99... and they're so beautifully flowy and feminine!
I'll go check it out. Personally, I don't wear tank tops, so I don't know anything about them. I love your blog.
Post a Comment